Reporting to the Director of Corporate Marketing, the Marketing Manager is responsible for executing strategies for building market awareness of corporate sponsorship opportunities for WGBH’s local television, radio, web, digital, streaming, events, print and podcasts, and providing marketing support for sales efforts. The Manager also works with the Director of Corporate Marketing on managing the corporate board that is a key source of revenue for WGBH.
Marketing | General
- Creation and updating of collateral marketing materials (PowerPoint presentations and sales one-sheets).
- Manage sponsorship AdWords campaigns (Google, Bing and Google Grants), email marketing and social media.
- Manage the Local Corporate Sponsorship sales website, insuring information is updated and the key sales message points for “reasons to sponsor” are compelling and include updated research. Track and analyze leads generated by the traffic to the web. Analyze heat maps to ensure the flow of the site tells the comprehensive sponsorship story.
- Continue to research, update and implement SEO strategies to maximize qualified traffic to the site.
- Work with the Director of Corporate Marketing to create annual marketing plans including lead generation.
- Monitor the annual budget and project spending.
Marketing | Copywriting
Produce memorable concept-based headlines and body copy that has the ability to inspire, educate, and motivate our various audiences.
- Ability to create on a deadline
- Collaborate with creative partners to conceive and create big, innovative campaigns and marketing ideas and that can live across all channels and platforms
- Take complex concepts and topics and bring them to life simply and beautifully
- Write compelling copy for a variety of objectives and mediums including sales materials (presentations, one sheets etc.), remarks for board meetings, print, digital, social advertising, website copy, email newsletters, invitation and event messaging, and media materials.
The Corporate Executive Council (CEC) is comprised for 50 senior level VPs of Marketing/Communication who serve as WGBH’s ambassadors to the business community to advocate, cultivate and fundraise for ‘GBH. The Marketing Manager must have the stature and poise to work collaboratively with senior marketing and executive business leaders.
The Marketing Manager works closely with the Director of Corporate Marketing on the management of all activities of the local corporate board including:
- Work with VP of Corporate Sponsorship, the Director of Local Corporate Marketing, Managing Director of Local Corporate Sponsorship, the chair of the CEC, and committee chairs to develop agendas, programs and written remarks for the CEC quarterly meetings, as well as the bi-annual meetings of three committees and the annual Executive Committee meeting.
- Create a yearly work plan for CEC meetings and committee meetings including identifying guest speakers.
- Work with the chair of the CEC and the committee chairs in preparing them for each meeting.
- Facilitate group discussions and takes a proactive role in participating in action-oriented meetings.
- Coordinating the CEC Nominating process and develop and implement the strategy for recruiting the new class of CEC members.
- Create a communication plan for the CEC including monthly WGBH updates, meeting minutes and special email communications.
- Develop and implementing a plan of engagement for all members.
- Staff/attend all CEC meetings.
Experience: The ideal candidate has 8-10 of years of progressive experience in marketing and relationship management that includes developing ideas from inception to launch. Proven record of managing and executing complex marketing campaigns. Strong skills in promotional business writing, building cross-departmental relationships, managing materials for the web and digital marketing communications. Strong copy editing and proofreading skills (copy test may be given during interview). Demonstrated communication skills with the ability to interface with clients, board members, as well as work with teams internally. Work with designers and have an appreciation of the interplay between copy and design. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.